Ascension Presents | Have You Mastered the Basics of Your Faith?

in collaboration with Inspires 
give you this riveting magnum opus.‎..







Condensed Reflection
by James Z. Carpio


My mother taught me the basics of playing the piano. However, I was not able to reach the part that I could read notes. It is called sight reading, if I am not mistaken, looking at the piano notes then playing them, looking while at the same time playing, so eyes and fingers in unison. 

I always admired the Composer Gershwin. Since I know the basics, I could play the piano Gershwin Style. So, I can, actually, compose, but the sad part is I would not be able to play again the composition again because I do not know how to write down the notes.


If there is a task. Can I do it? Or do I want to do it?
Father Mike began the video by asking those two questions.

The basics of anything has to be learned to be able to do what we are supposed to do.

To follow Christ, there is a prayer life. Reality is we cannot have our own unique style. There is a standard.

The fruit of the life of Saints are distinct but, essentially, all of us start with the same soil. Teachings of the Church, should be learned.

How to pray the rosary is learned. If you do not know how... then you can not pray it.

It starts with the sign of the Cross, then the recitation of the Creed, then one Our Father, then three Hail Marys, then end with one Glory be as the first part. 

So, 

It has to be learned.

Then, there are fruits or spiritual gifts after praying the rosary.

But then, you are asked would you do it now that you know how?

The soil is the same, regardless of our individuality.
We need to be part of the soil. Father Mike emphasized this one too.

There is always room for improvement to live knowing the basics of our faith or the essence of Christianity.

We need the virtue of Humility to learn and follow Jesus as taught by the Catholic Church.


Comments