Kintsugi: Teach me to forgive...





Kintsugi (金継ぎ, "golden joinery"), also known as Kintsukuroi (金繕い, "golden repair"), is the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered gold, silver, or platinum, a method similar to the maki-e technique. As a philosophy, it treats breakage and repair as part of the history of an object, rather than something to disguise. 

*edited from Wikipedia



Well, I guess you came to the right place. I am a living testimony of having forgiven and being forgiven.

You lost your faith in humanity?

Well, I lost my faith in humanity as well.

However, I never lost my Faith in God.

You suffered?

Well, I suffered but I am not blameless, He suffered and yet He has no sin.

You keep isolating yourself from people. You always go the other way. You purposely cut people off of your life. 

You built a wall.

Well, congratulations, it took courage to do what you have done. I know why you did all those things. It's because you don't want to get hurt anymore.

All I can say is most of the people who go to Heaven have few friends. One Saint, the name escapes me, had a conversation with The Lord Jesus. And told Jesus that it is so difficult to follow Him because most would choose worldly pursuits.

It will not be easy. But it will be bearable with Him in your heart.

Forgive them.

Forgive yourself.

Pray for the Grace of Forgiveness.

Let the other Virtues come into your life...

Faith, Hope, and Love.

Well, that wall that you built to protect yourself will magically turn into a bridge. Cross that bridge with hope and move forward with faith because God has a plan for you.

Until that last breath you remain a soldier of Christ.


































photo credit: martinjhoward2 kintsugi bowl 2 via photopin (license)
License: (license) 

Comments