Patrick Lindsay: Look for Depth (James Comments...)


OUR WORLD pushes us toward shallowness. All width and no depth. Driven by the fear of missing out, we're constantly plugged in to our devices at the expense of real relationships and passions. Make the technology work for you: find your passions and explore them.

---

Passion is universal humanity. Without it religion, history, romance and art would be useless.

Honoré de Balzac
(1799-1850)

---

James Comments

The writer's club is dwindling. It took forever for me to truly and deeply love my passion for the art of writing. It was a love and hate relationship. My family's support is tremendous. The encouragement is enormous. How could I not succeed? They have my back and they love me to the moon and back. My mentor was my brother priest. I learned from the best. Amuse me or humour me he would always challenge me. He never edited my pieces. He believed in me so much that it was enough for me to pull through, to keep on going and pursuing my passion. He died a few years back and he plotted my career in the arts. He told me that I would become a model and an actor, at that time I was in disbelief but he told me those things. I remember other things he said and I am always reassured. I surprise people. I even surprise myself. Depth is point well taken. How can you swim in shallow waters? You need to look for your own sea or better yet your own ocean. Explore!
















-Bob

photo credit: marfis75 deep blue (cc) via photopin (license)
License: (license)

Comments