Charlie's Son



Charlie woke up at 4:00 a.m. and then, he quickly went to the mailbox. It was the sixth of February, 1957 and it was cold. He wore a thick jacket and snow boots. He got twenty letters. 

One envelope stood out, it seemed like it was written by a child. Charlie, unmarried and who enlisted in the army, became curious and then, he opened that envelope first.

He began to read the letter.


Dear Dad,

Hey Dad! I am your son from the future. My name is Stephen. Someone told me that I have to write you this letter.

I have to write you this letter because if I don't then I shall never would had been born. I will never happen.

You came home drunk last night. You knocked and I was the only one awake. I am still little so I pushed a chair towards the main door so that I could reach the doorknob.

You were so surprised.

Well, I have to write you that I needed to be born because I was born to write they said.

Now, I had also read the letter you wrote to all of us, your children, and I am grateful.

Thank you, Dad!


Love,

Stephen 


































photo credit: The National Guard Wisconsin National Guard via photopin (license)

Comments