Guest Post | Atty. Juan Luis Z. Carpio - The Pained Prayer





(October 7, 2018)

September Twenty Nine, On the Feast of the Archangels,
I was brought to St. Luke’s QC by their brother’s keepers.
In preparation on October 1 for a double bypass procedure,
The Feast of St. Therese of the Child Jesus, the Little Flower.

I cannot help but surmise, what grace it is on that day to rest in Peace
And to be interred on the Feast of the Rosary would be heavenly bliss!
Considering a life with a severe cervical spine injury in constant pain
Giving my utmost, though rendered frail and weak, and future uncertain.

Faced with the ominous, who am I to contest, a mere troubled and sinful Juan?
The Cup shall remain for not so much as my will but Yours, O, God be done!
With the prayers of the many little flowers of family and friends in Love as One,
You sent Your Archangel Raphael in the healing hands of my surgeon Dr. Stan.

Ah, in my pain and suffering, it is best indeed to call on the Paraclete!
Utter in faith and prayer “Father, into Your Hands, I commend My Spirit!"












































photo credit: Pamela P. Stroud How Peter Came to Know Jesus via photopin (license)
License: (license)

Comments