Ascension Presents | Faith is Not Something You Can Lose

in collaboration with Inspires 
give you this riveting magnum opus.‎..






Condensed Reflection
by James Z. Carpio



Never give up.

Never lose hope.

Do not lose faith.

We almost always hear the statement that I have lost faith in humanity. Well, human beings are imperfect, hence, it is understandable that we could lose faith in humanity.

Personally, when I had read the book of Saint John Paul II, Crossing the Threshold of Hope, it all made sense to me. Hope is where it all begins. During Advent it is the main theme of the season. People were waiting for The Messiah. When Baby Jesus was born, it became the fulfillment of God's Promise. I believe even though I was not there. Like Thomas, I would falter a bit and doubt. But, I never lost faith in God. Like everyone else I had experienced the effects of the evil that exists on Earth. 

Through prayer and my own relationship with God, He strengthens me. I have faith. Faith in God. When even in my darkest hours, I know that he will lift me up and ignite my dimming inner light.

Saint John Paul II showed his readers in the aforementioned book that when we finally crossed the bridge of hope... it leads to faith. Faith is an elevation of hope.

Father Mike advises that we develop our faith in God. We should like to practice it and make God our priority.

We lose it because of indifference. Slowly, piece by piece it vanishes in due time.

God is giving you the gift of faith.

Use it. Cultivate it.

Pray and walk in faith. 

And, live in faith.





















Comments