A City Hermit's Diary: Regarding Pianos

Profile picture of James Z. Carpio, a writer
James Z. Carpio, writer



My paternal grandparents' bungalow had an upright grand piano. My maternal grandparents' house had a regular piano.

That piano on the picture is still alive and playing beautiful music until now. It is our piano at our manor.

My late mother was a pianist and she taught my father how to play the piano. And, all 14 of us, she taught the basics of how to play piano music.

I covered two piano books. I should have a substantial repertoire but there are only two pieces I can play now. Most of them escaped my memory.

I like “La comparsa” and “Malagueña” by Ernesto Lecuona, pieces by Claude Debussy and Ira Gershwin. 

Thanks to YouTube, I do not have to wait for my siblings to arrive and play those pieces. 

I have them as background music while I write.

My day is not complete without listening to piano music...





My brother, Pons Carpio, playing a classic on piano.






























Comments