Ascension Presents | 4 Reasons for Almsgiving

in collaboration with Inspires 
give you this riveting magnum opus.‎..







Condensed Reflection
by James Z. Carpio


My late brother Antonio was the epitome of generosity.

One morning, in a typical rush hour, he was driving and we were caught in a heavy traffic jam. There were a lot of street sellers of all sorts of things; candies, chips, beverages, and other myriad items and products.

I saw a man selling a fishing rod. And, I saw a rooster bank, well a version of a piggy bank. And, I saw a toy helicopter. Then, I exclaimed to Antonio, "who in the world would buy those things?"

He just kept mum about it.

When we reached his condominium unit, then, I entered his bedroom, lo and behold, most of the things being sold on the avenues were all there inside neatly stacked and piled. Unused.

I was speechless.

Now, I feel so proud of him.


















Comments