A City Hermit's Diary: In Public Places and saw someone famous again



My Brother dropped me off at the intersection close to Red Platter.

I reviewed Red Platter on Trip Advisor, and I gave them a seal of excellence.

So,

I had a quick breakfast there.

Then, I went to a Mall. It is far so I had to get into the "A" loop public transportation.

At the men's section of the Mall, I was an American until I spoke, the saleslady heaved a sigh of relief and exclaimed, "I thought you were American." Sometimes locals would be on pins and needles when conversing with foreigners regardless of Nationality. There would be people from Nigeria, Korea, Japan, Australia, Canada, U.S.A. and Europe in general.

I decided to buy the eyeglasses without the yellow shade.

Then, I bought a watch.

The last diary entry I was able to talk to my Publisher/Editor, today I saw my famous Editor of the other newspaper I write for, we conversed for a few seconds. We talked about my next Column. That was it.

I saw the American Expat from Kansas City.

Finally, walking back home I saw the son of my American neighbor with his girlfriend.

I guess living at the center of my small city makes it possible to bump into and see people you know. A city hermit is a lot different from a mountain hermit.

Yesterday, blast from the past, I saw two friends from High School and I've met a classmate of our youngest.

And, I visited my Mum's best friend.

Small world indeed.



























photo credit: Casey Hugelfink Das neue PEP I via photopin (license)
License: (license)

Comments