The one about a young lady I met from Botswana



While waiting at the entrance of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Putrajaya that seemed like eternity, I found out the reason I had to wait forever. I had to meet a young wonderful lady from Botswana.

She was sitting on one of the benches and I sat beside her. Now I forget how the conversation began but I eventually asked her where she is from? She told me that she hails from Botswana. 

I blurted out, "Oh, your country won over our country in a pageant!"

She smiled and said, "yes she put us on the map."

Furthermore, we agreed that there should not be competitions of that sort anymore as all peoples are beautiful. She emphasized specially for women.

She told me they have four seasons then I retorted I love Autumn. I was surprised to know that and indeed you learn a lot as each day passes from anything or from anyone.

Then, she told me roughly their population is about only two million people. Then, there are only nine of them in Malaysia and they all know each other. I was amazed. There are a lot of Filipinos in Malaysia and, understandably, we do not know everyone who are here.

She sure is a great ambassador of her country. I do want to go to Africa and experience the great adventure of a Safari.

I told her, "don't hesitate to tell me when your Grab Service is here."

Yeah, she smiled, in about two minutes.

Then, the car arrived and she got on the vehicle and bade farewell.

I waved back.

Meeting anyone does not just happen by accident. It has a purpose. 

Harmony among nations starts with the word Hello and ends with Goodbye but the whole experience resonates in the depths of my soul how wonderful God's plan is and His timing is perfect.

My waiting that seemed endless became one of my memories that will never be forgotten.


























Google Images
If you own that photo please contact Inspires if you want it taken down.

Comments