Random Thoughts on Becoming an Expat

Profile picture of James Z. Carpio, a writer
James Z. Carpio, writer



Feeling excited and I am holding to that and keeping on believing. I hope it will happen. I am not entertaining thoughts of losing the dream. My faith in God is strong.

I keep telling myself why am I doing this again, and, practically, I gave up my love life for that one in a million chance. No hesitations. I only have my little nephew in mind. I have to make it there, I was able to make my dreams in New York happen. That song that says if you make it in New York, you will make it anywhere.

I was able to see The Statue of Liberty in the island, Times Square and I have seen The Phantom of The Opera.

Lady Luck is on my side. However, I do not believe in luck rather I believe in miracles. God's miracles.

Now, I know how my countrymen feel when that opportunity is served on a platter. It feels wonderful. I am at awe. Who would have thought? A writer? There?

At the back of my mind, I am thinking, how come I have to leave to achieve my goals, hopes, wishes, and dreams.

Yet, I am reminded I have been living the dream all my life.

For now, there is just a change of venue.

So,

I keep on believing.

No matter what...

No matter where...

No matter when...

No matter how...

Why am I doing this again?

For Miguel, my little nephew.

And, for God.
























Comments