The Philippines : Islands of Angels




We may not have a Statue of Liberty, however, we do have that, an Angel and statues of angels abound in the country. Like Brazil, we have a gigantic Statue of The Lord Jesus Christ and, of course, we have a gargantuan Statue of The Our Lady of Edsa.

Perhaps, The Philippines is the most religiously decorated nation of all nations. Churches are filled with saints, angels, God, and Mary. Homes are filled with everything Christian.

Cars have rosaries hanging from the rear view mirror.

Here East meets West.

It has the third largest English-Speaking population in the whole world. 

It is a combination of Spanish and American architectural landscape.

In the U.S.A. there are few gated villages.

Most houses are western-style but with fences, because of the Spanish influence.

Most tourists would have a wonderful time here. 

When I was at the Departure Area of a Philippine Airport I was able to speak with two tourists. I was buying snacks and I jokingly warned them that watch out because the cashier is a comedian. Then, I was surprised that they asked me where I was from? I thought to myself isn't it obvious? And then, I replied, "well, I am from here. Where are you guys from?" They said, "we are from Indonesia". 

"So, How did you find your stay here in The Philippines?" 

They exclaimed, "Wow, we had a great time! We thought it was not so good". 

I told them, "now you know, don't believe everything you see in the Media".

Metaphorically, there are a lot of angels here as well.










































































































photo credit: Glendale Lapastora (1) 018 March 29, 2016 134635 via photopin (license)
License: (license)

Comments