Malaysia's Utopian Undertones




It was a long queue at the arrival immigration area. The lady in front of me is British, she may be of Persian or Turkish descent, and the three other people behind me are British. A gentleman who is having a holiday and same with a senior couple who is also from Britain. 

We talked about Brexit, BBC, New Zealand. Then, I told them I am from the Philippines. The wife said, "Oh! When we went on a cruise, your people were the ones who assisted us, but, we feel a bit forlorn because they are away from their children and they are guided by the grandmother". I nodded, and I replied, "Well, at least they have jobs, and it would pay for the bills".

Then, the discussion became a little bit about Politics, so we decided to talk about the weather. They wanted to escape winter. I said the weather conditions are getting more bizarre than usual. I was alluding to Climate Change.  Then, I told them to enjoy their stay in Kuala Lumpur. They, actually, invited me to come to the United Kingdom. I smiled and replied, "Why not?... maybe, one day".

Kuala Lumpur has become more advanced in terms of Urbanization and development. Traffic though is pleasant unlike traffic jams in New York or Manila. 

It is a wholesome city that is ideal for a family vacation. 

The Malaysian cashier even asked me, "Are you okay?" That is really going the extra mile of being welcoming. And, I told her, "Of course!"

There are many people to thank, most especially, the Malaysian people. And, one fellow countryman who assisted my brother and I, when we bought sport supplies for children back home.

However, you have to learn phrases in their National Language. Not all, are well-versed in the English Language. 











































photo credit: badruddinrazak KLCC & KL TOWER via photopin (license)
License: (license)

Comments