Being Mindful: My people are desperate!



She is a parking girl, earning a living to make ends meet, in the heat of the sun, and of the glare of the moon, or a rainy and drizzling day.

Yet, there is that glimmer of hope in her eyes.

There are a lot of them. Selling candles. Selling rugs. Then some, begging for, metaphorically, crumbs that had fallen under the table.

I watched a documentary about Filipino people who would go to restaurants after closing time, i.e. Fast-Food-Chains, then, they would collect the leftover foods. They would boil them. Then, consume them.

Just something to fill the stomach.

With those being said, I live simply.

Do not get me wrong, please. It is not a holier than thou attitude, but rather, having compassion for the poor.

For instance, my pair of pants just cost 180 Pesos. From a Clearance Sale. That is 3.46 U.S. Dollars after currency conversion.

I do not go quite often at fancy restaurants. I am a Grocery Man.

I hope that by writing about them would be a beacon of light that would illuminate the darkness that my people struggle with each and every single day of their life.

There are Government Agencies and even Private Foundations that try to resolve the situation.

The burgeoning population is not really THE problem.

It is in High School, Religion Class to be exact...

That is where I learned the root cause of the crisis.

There is an abundance of wealth in the world today.

The only imbalance that needs alignment is the disparity of the distribution of wealth on Earth.






























photo credit: Beegee49 Parking Girl via photopin (license)
License: (license)

Comments