Just Believe | The Grace of Prayer




Last Christmas I gave you my heart but the very next day you gave it away. This year...

Stop right there. That is not, definitely, a Christmas Carol. It just starts off with the word Christmas in the beginning line.

Last Christmas, on Christmas Day, I heard the sad news that there was going to be a powerful typhoon.

So,

I prayed in front of the Nativity scene and said, "Baby Jesus, Happy Birthday! Please protect my home."

Then, I slept like a baby that night.

The next morning, I woke up and no damage at all.

When I met friends, they were recounting how horrific the storm was. It was howling like crazy. It was as if the weather conditions became beyond psychotic, lunatic, and delusional. It was unbelievable how the wrath of the storm, literally, destroyed everything on its path.

I just kept silent.

Really quiet.

Because I didn't have those experiences.

Because I prayed.

Because I prayed to Baby Jesus.

And, I held on to my faith.

This year...

I prayed that instead of a powerful typhoon, maybe if it could not be avoided, then, I bargained for few weaker typhoons instead of one strong storm.

It's funny sometimes when people, they ask me, do you pray?

I just keep mum.

Because when I pray, I lock the door of my room and pray in my thoughts so, only God can hear my prayers.

By the way, I learned that from the Holy Bible.

















photo credit: Loving Earth ready to receive via photopin (license)
License: (license)

Comments