Atlantic Bakery: As Best as it gets!




So, it is Christmas.

I am reminded by the very first time my nephews and nieces were served breakfast with bread from Atlantic Bakery. They, particularly, love the version of the long French bread, "Le Baguette". It was during the annual Christmas Season reunion. A long time ago.

My European family asked me where bread without sugar could be bought. I was told most of the bread are sweetened and, hence, they are sort of like cakes. 

I searched everywhere.

Then, only to discover that Atlantic Bakery has them. Thank goodness!

The healthful selection of bread that they offer are exceptional. Essentially, for people with diabetes or a predisposition for the aforementioned malady.

With such company vision; noble and with utmost concern for their customers, I surmised that it is not an easy feat from a business perspective. And, it made me wonder, how come, the bakery outlets are not using air conditioning units when common sense would suggest that they could afford to have them installed.

Consequently, I asked one of the staff members about it, and, she illuminated me on the matter at hand. She elaborated that there was a plan to do that, but, then again, the Enterprise Proprietor did not carry on with the project because people might be intimidated by an upscale facade when their goods are of the best quality yet affordable to anyone.

Cliché but succinct: do not judge a book by its cover. Indeed.

It made sense to me. I thought, with a bakery, people just buy bread and go back home to have them for breakfast on their dining table with their family. Or any meal at different times of the day.

Spoiler alert, if you plan to see As Good as It Gets, do not read this part anymore. 

Jack Nicholson's character, finally, got the girl in the end, played by Helen Hunt. In the concluding scene, about four o' clock in the morning, the male lead told his new girlfriend that at that time, the perfect place to have a date would be at the Bakery. 

Because Bakeries open really early in the morning.

Atlantic Bakery opens around that time.

Let me ask you... Do you know the International chain of stores with the highest number of branches in the whole wide world?

Make three guesses?

1) McDonald's?

No.

2) Kentucky Fried Chicken?

Nope.

3) Starbucks?

No, Sir.

The answer is 7-Eleven. Yes, Sir. If you observe the next time you go around your city. You will be surprised that almost every main avenue you pass along, voilà, a 7-Eleven.

Same with Atlantic Bakery, everywhere I go here in The City of Naga, there is a branch for our easy access and convenience.  

Now, isn't that amazing?
















































photo credit : www.imdb.com

Comments