The Hard Truth and why it does not matter!



At five years old, I was hit by a vehicle.

I, then, had a learning disability.

At six years old, I was sexually abused.

In grade school, I was bullied.

In high school, I was bullied even more.

At the university, I failed two subjects.

My learning disability went haywire.

I couldn't drive a vehicle anymore.

At nineteen years old, I lost my mother.

A year after, I succumbed to clinical depression.

I was racially discriminated at work for being Spanish descent.

My superiors told me to keep my office attire simple because I made them look shabby.

People had taken advantage of my kindness.

Well, enough of those, I am doing wonderful now. 

Nonetheless, against the odds, I never felt sorry for myself or felt helpless. 

I did not wallow in self-pity but instead focused on anger expression through Art.

I became creative. I love taking action and seeing the end product.

And, channeling it productively through exercise.

I learned to say no to other people's selfish agenda.

It motivated me to take risks for my noble goal.

I say yes to God. That made the biggest difference.

Because of those experiences...

I became a great listener.

I became kinder and more considerate.

I may not know your pain but I knew how pain was like and I dealt with it.

I am just like you.

Human.

The only difference is I held on to my dream, though people discouraged me and told me I was foolish. 

Now, it is a reality.

When you stop dreaming, you are just existing.

Dream and be alive!

Life is such a wonderful gift.

Life is so simple.

May you be inspired by the Holy Spirit!






















photo credit: John McGrath

Comments