My Grandmother's last words...








My Grandmother studied at home with one of the best teachers during her era. She would always be accompanied by an aide with a parasol during scorching days.

She was morally upright and frowned upon dishonesty. She would be the first to tell authorities to punish even family if they had done wrong. She would let go of petty things.

I was very young when she passed away. But, I could still recall, distinctly, her fair complexion, her deep set eyes, thin lips, and aquiline nose.

And, she always wore big sunglasses. I think she had sensitive eyes. I think that trait I inherited from her. My eyes cannot withstand the bright rays of the sun. It came to a point, that I went to the E.R. to have my eyes checked. The doctor asked me from 10 to 1, how much pain I felt, and I replied about 8. I have Spanish round eyes as well.

Before she left this world, she told her grandchildren that we are of noble/blue blood ("sangre azul" or "dugong bughaw"). 





















Comments