Why I do not need a gym!



When I was at the university, I enrolled in weightlifting as part of Physical Education and a course requirement.

There were two programs that one could choose from; to be huge like the Rock or fit and toned like Pierce Brosnan when he shot his James Bond series.

I chose the latter. I was told by the trainer that the program I chose was much more difficult to achieve, because with the aforementioned program, all I had to do was stuff myself with food, protein shake, and lift.

I am amazed that even when I gained a lot of weight in my forties, but when I finally, got to my former form, my muscles transformed back to their memory when I was twenty something.

Now, all I do is basic core exercises and a barrage of bicycling.

I find it more enjoyable than the stationary bike at the gym. 

On the one hand, at the gym, when I used the stationary bike all I saw was the hotel pool. After some time, it became extremely boring.

On the other hand, bicycling outdoors; I tour and experience the cityscape and, essentially, I become one with nature.

Frankly, I am flattered that people would have the impression that I go to the gym to maintain my physical health and well-being.

Well, I learned everything at the university. I am my own personal trainer. That is why I do not need to go to a gym.


















photo credit: jaci XIII The King is not naked via photopin (license)
License: (license)

Comments