Just a smile away!



I was lost into oblivion.

People had forgotten who I am.

I cannot blame them.

I left...

I was right...

And for the first moment again in my adult life.

I remembered my inner child.

It caught up with me.

Just in time.

And as you are reading this. 

I hope yours would catch up with you as well.

He was never a failure. I wish I could tell my brother those words.

He was the best.

No matter how broken we may be...

There is a Perfect God.

Miracles.

You have to believe in them.

You are here.

You are enough.

You were never wanting.

Every afternoon, when he was alive. My father and I, we would talk. And I would tell him stories. And he loved them. I told him once that my memory of him was when he was right about my age now. And when I look at his pictures, when he was younger, I am amazed that he looked so young. And, it is poignant, the cycle of life. 

I became one facet of his myriad talents. I became a writer.

Although, I wish I could sing like him...

I wish I could deliver an impeccable speech like him.

I wish I could play the violin.

I wish I could play the piano.

I wish I could play chess like him.

I wish I could be like him.

He was a man of many talents.

The only one thing I got from him, is just that, the gift of writing.

And, the funny thing is, the other gift I inherited, skipped a generation...

His father, my grandfather, we have exactly the same sense of humor.

And, when I would deliver a punchline, it made him laugh.

Looking back now, that was what he needed when he already looked forward to his sundown.

Laughter though is indeed the best medicine.

When did you have great fun lately?

I just had one crazy fun... last night! They were all drunk. And, they did not know that my siblings and I, are the wackiest bunch in the whole wide world.

Because they missed him, my other brother, so much. So plenty.

He never really left.

He is always just a smile away...


















photo credit: Giuseppe Milo (www.pixael.com) Dad! - Dublin, Ireland - Color street photography via photopin (license)
License: (license)

Comments