His Eyes



I have eyes that could not lie.

You can tell if I was not able to sleep the previous night.

You can tell if I am sad or otherwise.

My eyes are the windows to my soul.

Someone would say that the white part of my eyes are so clear.

I do not smoke, nor drink or have any vice at all.


Upon a midnight return home...

I was at the back of the car.

We stopped at the intersection, for it was a red light.

To my left, I saw a homeless man, standing still.

I saw his eyes, I froze, then became a real witness.

He has the kindest eyes, I have ever seen in my life.

For a moment, that became a paradox on eternity...

Literally, I had seen "His Eyes", in his eyes.

His eyes were, truly, made unto the Image and Likeness of God.


Until now, I am a witness to that splendor.

Regardless of who we are; a pauper or a prince.

A pagan or a pope, a poet or a politician.

Poor or patrician, our eyes never lie.

Blessed are we who are given the gift of sight.

To see God's creation; its goodness and its beauty.

To marvel and utter the same words He said, "It's all good."

Amen.


















photo credit: garryknight Homeless by a Wall via photopin (license)
License: (license)

Comments