Our Stories: Unfiltered

Profile picture of James Z. Carpio, a writer
James Z. Carpio, writer


My younger brother would always tell me to smile more for pictures. I have a thousand different smiles. But, never really captured.



Why? Because I feel your pain.

and I always have in my mind, The Prayer of Saint Francis...

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace. 
Where there is hatred, let me sow love; 
where there is injury, pardon; 
where there is doubt, faith; 
where there is despair, hope; 
where there is darkness, light; 
where there is sadness, joy.



O, Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
it is in dying that we are born again to eternal life.

Amen.




















Comments