A Letter to God



Dear God The Father,

I have forgotten how my penmanship looks on paper. 

I have rewritten and revised and edited this one like forever. 

I am a writer but, literally, I am a typist. 

But, thank You, O Lord!, for sometimes I think so fast my handwriting is out of sync and no longer legible. 

I wanted to write this letter to You the old-school way by using a pen and, actually, scribbling on paper.

I have looked for You everywhere all my life. 

Foolish that I am, You were just inside my heart all this time.

I have just been given seven minutes to write all that I need to let You know. 

Spring will be coming soon. 

I have waited for so long, I am, slowly, turning grey and pale.

I just heard the announcement. 

I have no more time left...

Now, I shall go where you want me to be...

Although, I shall return for I know my work is not yet done.


Sincerely,

Your son,

James

















photo credit: slightly everything November 9th via photopin (license)
License: (license)

Comments