Papa's Post: God So Loved The World




Many and many days ago,
I asked my mother that I may know
What the meaning of "family" is.
She said, "It's easy to remember this---

"'F" is for 'Father' and 'A' is for 'and'
'M' is for 'Mother', whom God has planned
To care for His little ones, Gentile or Jew;
So 'I', 'L' and 'Y', are for 'I Love You!'"

For God so loved the world He gave us
His only begotten Son to save us.
And Jesus, too, became a baby
And was born of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Taught by Joseph the carpenter's ways,
He grew in age, and wisdom and grace.
For rich or poor or mighty or lowly,
God made the family happy and holy.

So, a family is father and mother
Filled with love for one another
And loving their children, twenty or three,
As God loves teacher and you and me!







December, 1994



























photo credit: BROTHERLY. via photopin (license)
License: (license)

Comments