Papa's Post: Where The Rainbow Fell*



Image courtesy of Serge Bertasius Photography at FreeDigitalPhotos.net



"I've been deeply moved!"


"Me too", he said

While looking at the mountain framed in red,
The red of sunset, "My, it's quite a view!
And see the rainbow over there?"

I knew

He didn't really know it hadn't been
Exactly what I meant.

"I haven't seen
It lovelier than today, after that rain."
He added.

And I doubted, should I explain?
It was not Isarog I thought of, I
Was thinking of that dome against the sky.

I know that what we saw from where we stood
Was but this sunset scene. Perhaps a mood
--- A moment out of time, when time must pause
Between a longing and a sense of loss---
Was what had made us see quite differently.
To him, the grandeur of the scene; to me,
The meaning hidden in that dome that rose
Above the town. That He could be so close!
To think that I would look beyond and miss
The One Who made all grandeur and all bliss.


Image courtesy of Evgeni Dinev at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

And why at least I see it, who can tell?
Perhaps, because, it's where the rainbow fell.




*The Rainbow, October, 1966

Comments