Papa's Post: My Best Friend



Image courtesy of photostock at FreeDigitalPhotos.net




Ah would that I could call you still my friend!

You made of tears---invigorating dew;

Of laughter, hair-triggered wanton bursts of end-

Less joy; and any place, a rendezvous

Complete. You shared the gamut of my heart,

My mind, my soul. With faith you ministered

The wounds of strife that would have torn me apart

And with unspoken, trusted teamwork spurred

Me ever onward.

                                     No, we haven't (can

Not even) parted ways. And yes, these ties

Of oneness grow far stronger, closer than

Before; and no, your friendship knows no price.
        
        We were and are the best of friends for life
       
        But I must call you more than friend, my wife!








The Rainbow, Feb., 1966

Comments