Papa's Post: How I Miss You!



Awake, I see the mistress of my throne 
Her warmth, her face of beauty and her scent
Of rose-milk. But I find, I am alone.
Ah raging torment born of love unspent!
"Reveille!" You are a boon! I'll make
An obsession of my work; I must not rest
Or else these thoughts of you return and break
Me with their searing yearnings unexpressed.
At last "Retreat" is sounded, all is done.
And now the crickets chirp a promise of dreams.
But the dream is a sad and empty one---
I walked alone, alone on the moon-beams!
         The tears I wept are in the morning dew
         The winds now wail my want---how I miss you!
                                                                                                                                                 









16may59;64