Papa's Post: A Song To Our Fourteen





Around my world, I sought my señorita
Till I met the lovely Bernardita
And found my friend, my darling and my guide.
My quest was ended. She became my bride.

Our love was ever constant and ever true
And any place, to us, was a rendezvous.
God gave us more, than the dozen that we prayed for
(I wonder why fourteen, could we have made more?)

Why is it, love sonnets have fourteen lines?
Why is February fourteenth for Valentines?
Why was I fourteenth when I passed the Bar?
And why was I so lucky in love and war?

Though the rainbow in my heart is gone
And I wait for sundown, soon my day is done.
Still, forever new as the morning dew
Our love lives on --- in each one of you!























14 Jul 95




































photo credit: jarr1520 A Good Morning via photopin (license)
License: (license)