A Poet's Acceptance


“Anxiously you ask, 'Is there a way to safety? Can someone guide me? Is there an escape from threatened destruction?' The answer is a resounding yes! I counsel you: Look to the lighthouse of the Lord. There is no fog so dense, no night so dark, no gale so strong, no mariner so lost but what its beacon light can rescue. It beckons through the storms of life. It calls, 'This way to safety; this way to home.” ― Thomas S. Monson
Photo by cc


Lord, I tremble with fear and my hands shake with fright
My thoughts are abysmal pains that I wish I have been spared
With all my heart I plead, Why Lord? Why me?

Lord, my vision drowns me that I wish I'm blind
My hearing hurts my ears that I wish I'm deaf
With all my mind, again I ask, Why my Lord?

Lord, I am broken, my body, my bones
I cry out to the heavens for I am hopeless and restless
With all my soul, heal me, Oh Great One

Lord, my voice is unworthy that I wish I’m mute
Sweeten my taste that is bitter with tears
I seek Your words of the way, the truth and the life

Lord, I thirst for water and hunger for food
Grant me the living water and I beg for the living bread
You calm me, my refuge and my stillness

Lord, my calls are answered, peace and bliss at last
I feel safe in Your embrace, filled by enduring love
I'm grateful Oh God, I surrender my obedience

Lord, I despise myself for being silly and foolish
For complaining and questioning Thy will
Forgive me. Instead I now ask, Why not me? My God