Skip to main content
ABC STARS Inspires in collaboration with Ascension Press


and Ascension Presents bring you

Ascension Presents: Father Mike Schmitz

Every 20th of the Month. At 3:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time / PDT

Catholic Writers Guild

Catholic Writers Guild
Member


Founder

Founder
(+) Monsignor Bob Z. Carpio

Read or watch latest content here


Back to Bicol Mail and Last Random Thoughts on the Pandemic




In March of 2020, I turned in my two expired Identification Cards to Neil Aureus. I finally found the lost I.D. so, instead of one it was plus one.

I requested for a new one and told Neil that I would get it on April. However, Covid-19 happened. In April there was a lockdown. Hence, I was not able to write for Bicol Mail.

With the laws on cyber crime which includes Fake News apprehension. I opted not to write for the firm then. On May 14th, my I.D. was renewed for 3 years.

Words are powerful. And more so, with printed words.

Inspirational writing is like walking on eggshells. I have to be nice. And, I mean genuine nice.

When bad things happen to me, I take action. And, I know self-defense.

This leads to the awakening about not taking offense and forgiveness. I have been researching about those and a Resource stated that why would you be shocked by the evil that is happening in the world when the Bible teaches about them explicitly. Cain killed Abel, his own brother.

He further discussed that before the sun sets you should like to have forgiven the people who might have hurt you because Jesus forgave you lest you become the unmerciful servant.

It resonated in the depths of my soul because I never really instigated a fight. I never bullied anybody. I like protecting myself from threats.

For the record, I have no record.

I have a Barangay Clearance. Police Clearance. N.B.I. Clearance. A Schengen Visa. And, a U.S. Visa valid for ten years with multiple entry.

I have a pen name authenticated by the U.S. embassy.

Now, regarding the Media reporting on the Pandemic. It sure does give me my fair share of Dopamine.

For what it's worth, I am keen on the Balik Provincia Program.

I went back to my hometown in 2009.

With a great I.S.P. you could teach English to Koreans, Chinese, and Japanese Students.

You could write, proofread, transcribe, edit, for international companies.

Regardless of where you are you can earn a living and survive with those opportunities. A friend of mine now runs her own start-up company doing virtual work.

Here in The City of Naga, Metro Manilans really are fascinated by it. It has a Euro vibe. With only 100,000 people, definitely, traffic is not that bad.

My father did the same, years back. My last brother born in Manila was the sixth and the rest of us were born here. His sister was worried and asked what school would they go to?

The City of Naga now has plenty of schools and Universities. It even has an American School of Math and Sciences in Pacol.

Malls? I think we have over ten. Sorry, I have lost count.

There is a growing Expat community here and I am always invited to join but I am still young. There are Indians, Swiss, Irish, British, Nigerians, Americans, French, Koreans, and Chinese Nationals here.

If you think of Naga as a piece of a Jigsaw puzzle it would fit nicely in Metro Manila or Metro Cebu.

Although, the river that runs through The City of Naga has a lot of fish still and people fish with fishing rods and even Police Officers do so.

White birds hover along the river waters...

Naga has a Chinese Temple. It has an Indian Sikh Temple. It has Muslim Mosques. And, of course plenty of Christian Churches.

Seasonal tourists, the Australians spend their summer at CWC. Just a stone's throw away from Naga.

It is still a simple life. People are nice here.

Everyone speaks Tagalog and in English to varying levels of proficiency.

The weather is always two degrees cooler than Metro Manila. Principally because there are not a lot of concrete here. Surrounding the infrastructures are he valleys and the uplands of the slopes of Mount Isarog.

There are the natural hot springs of Mount Isarog. 

The City breathes with the plants and trees surrounding the quaint metropolis.

Cars? In the neighboring City of Pili, Car Dealerships abound.

Motorbikes? Yes, Sir.

Bicycles? Yes, Sir.

Vegan? There is a Vegan restaurant here.

Fast food chains?

Why would you miss them? Anyway, there's Yellowcab, McDonald's, Jollibee, KFC, Kenny Rogers Roasters, Mang Inasal, Dunkin Donut, Mister Donut, Bigg's, 1st Colonial Grill, Bread Talk, Graceland, Geewan, Atlantic Bakery, Cafe Candice, Crown Park, Naga Garden, Greenwich, Dairy Queen, Gilligan's, Bob Marlin's, Rafabel's Cafe, Infinitea, Starbucks, The Coffee Table, Casa Soriano, Jack's Blue Plate, Red Platter, Chef's Doy, Grissini's, Okuya, Soledad, the Black Scoop, Wok, The Bean Leaf, Chilli Pepper's, etc.

People love to dine out here. Those are just at the back of my mind.

People also exercise a lot here. My brother is here....

Let me continue another day. Alright? 

Comments



ABC STARS Inspires Presents: Pons Carpio

A Tribute:

Aaah, COVID-19,
Yet God's anger spawns goodness,
Prayers, Love, Heroes.


*A love song to all the front-liners who heal our land, "through the eyes of love."

ABC STARS Inspires Presents: Connie Carpio

Claude Debussy's "Bruyeres"

Composer and Piano Piece Title





About ABC STARS

About ABC STARS
Antonio and Bernardita and Children

S.T.A.R.S.

Sports
Technology
Arts
Religion
Science

Advertisement

Official Sponsor of ABC STARS


Related

Papa's Post: Trees*

Why we voted for Gerphil Flores

Papa's Post: Where's My Roberto?

Favorites

Vineyard Worker Harassed By Patrons | What Would You Do? | WWYD

Inspires: Tano ta an apod kan Bikolano ki Maria, Inâ | Ascension Presents: Why Catholics Call Mary Their Mother

My Mesmerizing Maronites

Read Again

My Mesmerizing Maronites

Spiritual Survival Solutions

ABC STARS Inspires: Atty. Juan Luis Z. Carpio: 10

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude

Basilica Bulletin: 2nd Sunday of Lent: No. 14: 2020-2021