Ascension Presents | Christmas: A Time for Hope

in collaboration with Inspires 
give you this riveting magnum opus.‎..







Condensed Reflection
by James Z. Carpio



When my father was imprisoned during Martial Law because he fought against the dictatorship of the late former President Marcos, he wrote to my mother that there was a plant in a small pot and then one day, a flower bloomed. 

It reminded him of my mother. And, he wrote how he missed her.

The flower gave him hope.

It was in 1981 or so when that happened. Our mother and my siblings visited him. I remember that it was a small prison cell. It was dark and had a small window with bars. It was desolate and I felt despondent.

This year a day before Christmas during my early morning exercise I saw a man walking with a shirt that has hope boldly imprinted on it.

It was a reminder for me to write for Christmas yet again.

Hope is a beautiful and precious thing. Nothing is hopeless if you have faith in the same way that nothing is impossible with God. Faith can move mountains and it starts with crossing the bridge of hope.

Sometimes you do not even have to look for it. Hope will find you. God will look for you like what happened in the Parable of the Lost Sheep.

As for myself, I had to look for Him. To be honest, I stumbled upon Ascension Press because I was looking for Him during my darkest hours. And, I saw Father Mike and he was wearing the same uniform my late Monsignor brother wore for his official clergy picture.

My brother

Then, I thought to myself it was a sign from the Heavens, to look no more. And, Ascension Presents has not failed me. The videos bring light to my darkest days. When my mind is cloudy they let the sunshine in.

So, I took it upon myself to help others who may be in the dark. To help give them hope. To lead them to God. To watch something concrete and real, so that they will trudge on as pilgrims here on Earth filled with, yes, hope.

Today, our Good Shepherd was born to be with us.


The Spirit is within all of us, it is upon ourselves to make Christmas merry. Let the other gifts inspire us, to hope, to love, to forgive, to give, to pray, to have joy, to have faith, and to have peace.

The diligent and dynamic team of Inspires wish you a Merry Christmas!














Comments