Ask yourself: What is my horizon?



It is all up to you.

You do realise that don't you?

If you look down you only see the ground.

However, you feel grounded. You have a foothold. A foundation.

If you look straight ahead, you could choose a plethora of horizons; a dawn, a dusk, a cityscape, a provincial vista, an endless ocean, a panoramic mountain view, a desert, an oasis, a field, and myriad perspectives.

It is all up to you.

But then, if you look up, you see no limits.

When was the last time you saw the moon and the stars?

When was the last time you saw the clouds and the sun?

Forward thinking.

You would always be asked where do you see yourself five years from now? or how about ten years from now?

For me, that is the most absurd question in the whole world.

Why?

I am not a fortune teller.

I am not a prophet.

I am not a visionary.

I would rather be asked, "What do you want to accomplish in your life?"

With the aforementioned question, I could answer, well I see myself in front of a desktop working in a cubicle in one of your departments and stay in your company and then, be meritoriously deserving enough to climb the corporate ladder and be an advantage to your corporation.

While the latter question, I am inspired to, one day, hear my nephew speak. I want him to express what he feels in his heart. I want him to verbalise his thoughts. I want him to live a full life. I want him to become independent. I want him to explore the world. I want him to have genuine friends of his own. I want him to be brave. I want him to articulate his hopes, wishes and dreams.

Because as of now, he could only speak through his soul.

And, those are what he told me.






















































photo credit: Kᵉⁿ Lᵃⁿᵉ The Port Stanley Pier (Ontario, Canada) via photopin (license)
License: (license)

Comments