An Exemplary Life




It was late afternoon, as I was walking I saw the house of friends of the family. So, I decided to take the chance to know if the owners of the sprawling bungalow were present.

One of the staff members said that the elderly lady was having afternoon refreshments and I was invited to join her for a conversation.

She told me about her life. She has contributed myriad ways to The Roman Catholic Church. An architect, she made the altars of churches and chapels more beautiful and funded those projects. Furthermore, other structures and bits and pieces in order to make the parishioners have an enjoyable and serene experience when going to God's Sacred Places.

And, she told me about her pilgrimages abroad.

I paid attention, hanging on to each and every word.

She said their generation are dwindling. What is there to do but pray and watch religious soap operas she told me.

That was literally the same contemplative life my late father did during his last few years. My late father would pray and had conversations with me and the rest of the family.

I enjoy having conversations with elderly people.

Why?

They are the personifications of Wisdom.



































photo credit: Anne Worner Cherries? via photopin (license)
License: (license)

Comments