See No Evil



"You're lucky you're blind, Haley!" Henry told his twin sister.

Haley began to well up with tears. "Are you sure you want to have the procedure done?"

"Yes, of course, never been so sure in my life." The brother reassured his sibling.

"You are, actually, doing me a favor. Because of what happened in my life, I became fearful of colors."

Blue reminds me of the ocean that took Grandpa's life away.

Yellow reminds me of the cab that, accidentally, hit me and they had to amputate my right leg.

Red reminds me of the red barn that caught fire that almost lost our livelihood.

Orange reminds me of the orange lamp post that toppled down on our balcony.

Black which is, not, technically, a color, reminds me of the black dog that bit my son.

Pink reminds me of the pink lemonade that poisoned my daughter in that fancy restaurant.

Green reminds me of the green office of my boss who terminated me.

Brown reminds me of the brown river in Vietnam where my soldiers died.

Violet reminds me of the orchids in the garden when we were little, but, are now gone.

"Haley, the only color I would miss though is the color, cyan.

That is the color of your eyes."   



















License: (license)
photo credit: CarbonNYC [in SF!] Lighthouse via photopin (license)

Comments