The Shining Other Side of the Coin: The Filipinos who Care!




Now we come to the best part.

I always like to save the best for last.

It is a given: anywhere you go whichever part of the world, there is good and bad in everyone. 

The two sides of a centavo. Hence, fair and balanced.

These are all about the best in The Philippines.

The places and the people. The tropical paradise and the have and have nots who give until it hurts.

I remember our kind old lady neighbor who would knock on our door and give us fresh vegetables just because, no occasion, for the only apparent reason that she cared.

I remember the driver of a spiffy sporty SUV who let me be first to go to the right side of the road while I was getting to that side while handling my bicycle.

I remember the street children who took the packaging remains of a fast food meal (i.e. carton, plastic bag, utensils, etc.) I had. Prior to that, I called to their attention because they saw me having that snack while waiting for my brother. Then, I gave them a bit of bills just enough so that they could also get a fast food meal that they like for themselves and their siblings.

I remember the honest taxi cab driver who automatically ran the meter.

I remember my dermatologist who never left even if she could and she is helping a lot of patients with her medical expertise.

There are other myriad random acts of kindness that I had experienced. If only I could name the best of the establishments that I go to for my logistical supplies, I would, but I do not do that. 

Generosity is in abundance here.

Despite the fact of heightened prevalence of poverty here...

Honest and Good people still do care.





The Other Side...

















Comments