So, You want to be a Writer: Dictionary not needed (General Audience)



"You will not be able to support a family as a writer... " Those words are like graffiti in my state of mind until this moment. After the interview, those words are what resonated in the depths of my being. The Editor was being frank. And it hit me like a ton of bricks. My dreams went down the drain into the abyss, and probably, even to middle Earth, or right at the core. Metaphorically, I was shot and it hit me right on target. Pardon me, for the hyperbolic statements. I died that day.

Do not write for the money. Period.

Well, at first, that should be your attitude.

However, I have never been a quitter. And, I wrote my article for that newspaper firm and it was published. I had been paid, subsequently, I became a professional writer.

You have to read, read, and read. Observe people. Study them. See nature. Explore. Okay, that is called rambling. Do not do that. You could best put it simply as: live your own life and write about it.

Well, you have to go to settings and go to widths and adjust the number. Then, go to the CSS section and then add the code at the HTML field. And go to Labels and schedule your posts.

Hey... wait, did that, actually, make sense to you? Forget what you had read. That is for a specific audience. That would be for website developers. See!

Remember, this one is for the general audience.

Focus, edit, revise, proofread and rewrite. Get feedback.

Now, it is boring. Just do your homework and write when you are ready.

We now go forward to your future.

You are now making a decent living. Traveling here and there.

And then, you meet people who had read what you had written. That is the best part.

Finally, you have to have a goal. Mine is: I write for God. And, His employment benefits are, truly, graces and blessings!!!

















photo credit: adam_moralee Sitting in shaddows via photopin (license)
License: (license)

Comments