Ascension Presents | What Is Hope and Why Do You Need It?

in collaboration with Inspires 
give you this riveting magnum opus.‎..



Condensed Reflection
by James Z. Carpio

Upon release, an innocent man imprisoned for several years, was asked, "what kept you going and how did you deal with that grave injustice?"

'Well, my family would visit me often. They would bring me food.

And...

Uhhmmm...

As he cleared his throat, he paused and looked down. Then, tears welled up in his eyes and he said, you know what? I would pray to God a lot, hoping for a miracle.

There is a small window in the cell. And, whenever I would feel frustrated and devastated, I would look out that window. 

I would see the sky. Sometimes it would be clear blue skies, cloudy, or rainy. And it gave me hope. Because I knew God is there watching over me... and I have complete faith and trust in Him.'

















 

Comments