A place for everyone


The surreal, strange, and simply put, an enigma: were the sensory feelings that all my senses experienced. I beg your pardon for the superfluous statement. That was meant for emphasis. 

The only place I have traveled to that I have to always tell people that I am a foreigner. 

In amazement, locals told me you speak good English. Well, I had to say that sometimes like at a bookstore, I had difficulty reading the price (I left my reading glasses at home) and I asked whether it was thirty six Dollars or so. It was just six Dollars or so. She exclaimed, "that's too expensive for a magazine!!!" It was a magazine for writers, unfortunately, unavailable where I am from.

But, then again, going back home somebody asked, "what is going on?" because the queues were a bit long at the immigration. I told the couple, 'sorry, I'm a foreigner maybe you should ask them.' Then, he retorted, 'well, me too!'

Essentially, there is nothing really much to write about the place because what we saw in movies that Hollywood made are the same as in person. Although, the Statue of Liberty is truly larger than life. Gigantic.

But, most importantly, that the people are quite welcoming, genteel, courteous, and amiable. 

Enough said.
















photo credit: dolbinator1000 Liberty via photopin (license)
License: (license)

Comments