Ascension Presents | What Defines You?

in collaboration with Inspires 
give you this riveting magnum opus.‎..




Condensed Reflection
by James Z. Carpio



Yes. Absolute and irrevocable.

I remember saying that to my Godfather when he asked me to do something for him. We were having our usual conversation at breakfast time way back in 2013. He asked me to make a website for our Father's book. I even had to ask, if that is allowed because that book was written by him. I might be held accountable for copyright violations. And he said, "you are the heir apparent, as the one who is on a mission of writing professionally."

Undefined.

Essentially, if we hold on to things that are worthless and even attempt to prolong the priorities we keep, then we will wake up one day and find out that all that we have is just our soul.

I remember the failures and the successes, the hardships and the triumphs: these facts of life can lead us to a path of oblivion of what is real and essential. 

I am an unknown, a realization that hit me like a ton of bricks. Even your own family can not truly know what resonates in the depths of your being. There can even be a confusion. People will even try to define you, who you are and what you are, but do not worry my friend what their opinion of you does not matter and, more so, it is not even your business. If you have been insulted and/or accused of things you are not and did not do then, providentially, rest assured God is in charge. 

This happens to all of us. I was judged and analyzed like they know me like the back of their hand. I was even called a vagabond at some point and other myriad insults that can match the constellations up above. But I took it like a man, just like how my Father taught me. I had been acquiescent, I did not utter a single word. You may ask why would I want to do that? Well, my good old brother told me, Our Lord Jesus Christ was insulted, crucified even though He was the embodiment of purity; blameless and without sin. In the final analysis, I am nothing and, much worse, I will return to dust. However, with the glorious promise of Easter, despite being sinners we always strive to become saints. Our purpose.

Father Mike is, most definitely, on point when he says that youth, skills, and other attributes will eventually be lost. 

Everything will change. Only God is permanent and perfect. But do not worry, instead of you trying to find yourself, or what defines you, pray to God for Him to find you. May we suggest that you contemplate about The Parable of the Lost Sheep and The Parable of the Prodigal Son. And then you will realize that you are so similar to Him in so many wonderful and splendid ways that you will be enveloped by His Love. Remember, all of us are made in His image and His likeness.

The Team of Inspires invite you to... 


Just say, 'yes,' to Him, and everything else will follow.



















Comments