Regarding bucket list and frustration



Destiny. That is THE one word that was/is and probably will be the driving force that steered/steers and will steer the direction of my life. It is the hidden power believed to control what will happen in the future. Other words for it are fate and fortune.

Free will comes into play only if you choose or refuse anything that will happen in your life. The mere fact that which family you were born into or being an orphan had been predestined for you. However, choosing friends is something that is inherently a matter of being half fate and half choice.

I have climbed a mountain. I was elated. I even saw a soaring falcon as it disappeared into the forest. I discovered water again for the first time in my life. The thirst you experience after reaching the summit is indescribable. I consumed a great amount of precious water just to quench the new thirst. Climbing a mountain was not on my bucket list.

If I had a choice I would have remained at home for the rest of my life. But even as a baby I have taken my first plane ride to enchanting Cebu with my parents. You see, my family is a traveling family, I wished to have added singers like the Von Trapps of the famed Sound of Music musical but I can’t sing. Singing is my only frustration that no matter how hard I try I will never ever be a Pavarotti.

To further elaborate on traveling, I am an accidental tourist. I have written about this previously but unlike some people who jotted down places on a paper or thought of in their minds as their list for travel destinations be it local, national or international- traveling to anywhere is not on my bucket list. Fortunately, lady luck is on my side that I have been somewhere, here and there but not everywhere.

God’s creation, specifically wildlife, is an interesting ocular adventure that has made me appreciate His masterful work. The big cats like lions and tigers were fascinating encounters. And having had a half Himalayan and half Persian pet cat was truly an eye-opening experience. Seeing the tarsier though is a treasure worthy to be stored in the feel good memory bank. 

I am sometimes envious of people who graduated from the university, started an entry level position in a company, went up the corporate ladder, remained in tenure and left only after retirement. In my case, I have worn many hats; I had been an employee in different industries like Banking and Finance, Information Technology, Telecommunications and Broadcasting just to name a few. All were not in my bucket list except becoming a Radio Disc Jockey which was one of my frustrations that became a reality.

I am also in awe of my siblings who have friends and kept them since childhood until now. My friends really just come and go. But I am just a certified loner who is not lonely. I even wonder why I have over a thousand friends on Facebook. Basically, I had been to enough places and had met enough people to have embarked on this new journey of mine which is writing. Writing is the greatest frustration of mine. It was not a walk in the park but I would endearingly call it a dream come true.














Comments