My Girl: Nina Saint Montclair




"Oh, I'm sorry... Is this seat taken?"

"No, it's not." I said casually.

"Is it perfectly alright if I sit here?" She asked.

"Go ahead, make your day.." I nodded.

"I abhor the heat today, it reminds me of my trip to Egypt. Have you been to....?" She queried.

"Nope. I politely said. I know who you are though, from the billboards I saw where you're featured on."

Her eyes brightened, "Oh, thank you! I'm Nina Saint Montclair and I'm originally from Corsica."

"I know your name. Where is Corsica?"

She hesitated, and continued... "It's not important. Somewhere in Europe."

"What do you do now? I mean, what are you busy with these days?" She inquired. "And, your name, gosh, so silly of me."

"I'm Ralph O'Malley. I do nothing. I mean, I do something, but compared to you, I am nothing."

"Ralph, we are, practically, on the same boat. I am also nothing. I am just a piece of entertainment."

"Well, I am a writer, Nina. I haven't been anywhere at all. I write technical stuff. It's enough to get by. I don't even have my own car. And, I live in a room owned by some Italian chain of townhouses. I am what they call a starving artist."

"But, you look happy though, Ralph. You have those amazing eyes that reflect your soul. My life is in a suitcase. Sometimes, I wake up and forget where I am..."

"I do get that. What are you doing here in my little town of Orrdeurville?" I asked.

"It's for a location shoot. My new movie. Tentative title is, "Where is Christmas?"

"Sounds interesting. What is it about, Nina?"

"It is about a broken family. And, they got reunited for Christmas. I play the daughter and well, I don't want to give the rest of it away." Then, she smiled.

"Could I, possibly, get your business card? I asked. My time is up, and I have to go."

"Sure!"

Nina opened her handbag and took out her wallet, then, carefully, took out a card. She then, took out a pen and wrote something on the back.

Ralph stood up and, hurriedly, left the quaint restaurant.

While walking in long strides, he took out the card from his left shirt pocket. Then, he smiled.

The back part of the card says...



"Ralph,

I read your work.

My favorite is, 

"Altered Reality Explained"

...and I am a fan,

Nina

xoxo... "









































photo credit: Lima Québec Une passante inconnue via photopin (license)
License: (license)

Comments