Skip to main content
ABC STARS Inspires in collaboration with Ascension Press


and Ascension Presents bring you

Ascension Presents: Father Mike Schmitz

Every 20th of the Month. At 3:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time / PDT

Catholic Writers Guild

Catholic Writers Guild
Member


Founder

Founder
(+) Monsignor Bob Z. Carpio

Read or watch latest content here


Zurich: Sprechen sie Englisch?


I used to say that a lot. It is, Do you speak English?, in Swiss German.

The locals would always speak to me in Swiss German, so I had to learn a bit of their language. 

I have fond memories of Zurich. It is a special place. Where people are the kindest and most people would walk, take the tram, and they have a bicycle lane.

It is where I became inspired to become a writer.

It is Utopia. But, not imagined. It was real.

It is real.

Until now, I go back to it in my mind. It made me hope in humanity. More so, my faith restored in humanity.

School children would greet me, 'hello or Good Morning' or depending on the time of day.

When I forgot something, I would be chased by the one who saw my stuff and give it back to me with a smile.

I experienced genuine kindness. Kindness that pierced my heart. Kindness that made my soul see that there is such a thing.

It is not a cut throat or dog-eat-dog-world or a rat race or a place in a state of discord. 

It is a peaceful place. Their flag is a cross.

I felt safe there. I felt welcomed. I felt that I matter. You do not have to earn their respect. You ought to give respect because it is the right thing to do. It is not expected it is a given. A virtue that is an elevation of civility.

There are no homeless people there. The government takes care of them. But, it is, actually, amazing because I saw a homeless man who dined at McDonald's, on his own. He was having a grand time.

It is a costly city.

There are no rundown sections at all. Everywhere you go is wonderful. The river is pristine. And they have swans.

It is the epitome of order.

It made me dream. To dream about my own town. That maybe one day it could be like Zurich too.

I always tell my family and friends if I were able to go to Zurich so can you.

It changed my outlook in life. When I went back to my hometown, what I would, normally, do in Zurich I do the same here now. 

I walk.

I do bicycling.

My Labrador and Dalmatian dogs have collars.

And other myriad wonderful things.

My life changed for the best.

I became a new man. A best version of myself.

But, my readers are, mostly, not from here. 

It is poignant.

But, hope springs eternal...



















photo credit: Thomas8047 SBB CFF FFS via photopin (license)
License: (license)

Comments



ABC STARS Inspires Presents: Pons Carpio

A Tribute:

Aaah, COVID-19,
Yet God's anger spawns goodness,
Prayers, Love, Heroes.


*A love song to all the front-liners who heal our land, "through the eyes of love."

ABC STARS Inspires Presents: Connie Carpio

Claude Debussy's "Bruyeres"

Composer and Piano Piece Title





About ABC STARS

About ABC STARS
Antonio and Bernardita and Children

S.T.A.R.S.

Sports
Technology
Arts
Religion
Science

Advertisement

Official Sponsor of ABC STARS


Related

Papa's Post: Trees*

Why we voted for Gerphil Flores

Papa's Post: Where's My Roberto?

Favorites

Vineyard Worker Harassed By Patrons | What Would You Do? | WWYD

Inspires: Tano ta an apod kan Bikolano ki Maria, Inâ | Ascension Presents: Why Catholics Call Mary Their Mother

My Mesmerizing Maronites

Read Again

So, You want to be a Writer: Dictionary not needed (General Audience)

Vineyard Worker Harassed By Patrons | What Would You Do? | WWYD

Inspires | Ascension Presents: Generosidad: El Mayor Regalo Espiritual

Popular posts from this blog

Vineyard Worker Harassed By Patrons | What Would You Do? | WWYD

A City Hermit's Diary: In Public Places and saw someone famous again

The Return of the Maronites